When you invest in a Cove dishwasher you assume this high-quality purchase will deliver superior performance. So when your Cove dishwasher won’t turn on let alone clean a dish, you’ll want to address the problem ASAP. We’ll tell you how to troubleshoot when your Cove dishwasher doesn’t start, from checking the power source to assessing the settings.
What to Do When Your Cove Dishwasher Won’t Turn On
When your Cove dishwasher isn’t working the way you expect, a service call may not always be necessary. Sometimes some simple adjustments are all that’s needed to restore function. We’ll also review some basic steps to easily check off when your Cove dishwasher won’t start.
Incoming Power Issue
Even the best appliances won’t start without a power source. When your Cove dishwasher won’t turn on we suggest checking the power connection with these steps:
- Make sure your dishwasher is properly plugged into an electrical outlet without the use of an extension cord.
- If your dishwasher’s power is connected to a switch under the sink or at counter level, make sure the switch is turned on.
- Check your fuse box, resetting any tripped breakers and replacing broken fuses.
Water Supply Problem
A Cove dishwasher not starting could also mean it’s not receiving water to start a cycle. We recommend these steps to check the dishwasher’s water supply:
- Verify that there are no crimps in the water supply line and it’s properly connected
- Make sure the water shut off valve is on
Sometimes the water shut off valve can malfunction, resulting in a lack of water to the dishwasher. In this case, the valve may need to be professionally repaired.
Door Latch Malfunction
Your Cove dishwasher won’t start if the door isn’t securely closed. Make sure the door is properly closed before restarting the dishwasher. In some cases, the door switch that prevents the dishwasher from running with an open door may have malfunctioned. In this case, the door switch will have to be replaced.
Improper Dishwasher Settings
Your Cove dishwasher has multiple settings that customize it to your lifestyle and preferences. However, a setting must be selected for your dishwasher to start. In addition, some of these settings may utilize a delay in start. We recommend making sure a setting is selected before starting your dishwasher. Features like the Delay Start setting, child lock, Sabbath feature and showroom setting must be turned off for your dishwasher to start immediately.
In some circumstances, a wet or damaged control panel will also prohibit your dishwasher from turning on. If the control panel is damaged, it may need to be professionally replaced.
Troubleshooting a Broken Cove Dishwasher
A Cove dishwasher is designed and built for years of service. That’s why some simple solutions can address issues that seem serious but may have easy fixes. These simple steps can be helpful starting points when troubleshooting a broken Cove dishwasher:
- Verify that your dishwasher is properly connected to a power source.
- Confirm that the dishwasher is receiving a water supply.
- Make sure the dishwasher door is closed correctly.
- Check your dishwasher settings to make sure that a setting is selected. Make sure your chosen setting doesn’t involve a delay in start.
If these troubleshooting steps still don’t solve the problem when your Cove dishwasher won’t turn on, we can help. Give Advance Appliance Service a call for a fast and reliable repair.